30/30 Poetry Challenge
Coronavirus Update - Pre 30/30 Warm Up
Given the current situation - and while we wait for the "official" kickoff of 30/30 - lets get busy in our social distanced bubbles and chew on some prompts. Create and post away . . . See above for the prompts released so far, or join the Facebook group to follow along and post your work 30/30 Poetry Challenge on Facebook
What is 30/30 Poetry Challenge:
- April is National Poetry Month (it's also Distracted Driving Awareness Month - among 2 dozen other "month" things . . .)
- WXW celebrates by throwing out a month long challenge that, essentially, asks you to take your mind to the poetry gym, everyday for a month.
- Think of it as a puzzle, a game, some silliness, and - with a little luck - some art. We promise your brain will grow 2 sizes if you make the commitment.
Here's how it works:
- We post a prompt-a-day. You take it and run with it. If you feel like posting your work to the closed Facebook group, do it! If you prefer to grab the prompt and keep your work to yourself, that's cool too.
- Prompts can range from random words and pithy quotes to poetic problems to solve.
- How do you join? You join the 30/30 Facebook group. Any current member of the group should be able to give you an invite. Or ask and ye shall receive.
- 30/30 Poetry Challenge on Facebook
- How can I play if I don't do Facebook? You can also find the daily prompts at 3030poetry.com. You can play along at home (ie do the work, but not post), or you can have a friend who does do Facebook post for you.
- Rules? Yes, there are a few. This is not a forum for ranting, hating, demeaning or disparaging. Keep it poetic. Please.
If you live in the western Mass area and want to get in on sharing some of your work live, in front of an audience, here's your chance.