30/30 Poetry Challenge
What it is:
- April is National Poetry Month (it's also Distracted Driving Awareness Month - among 2 dozen other "month" things . . .)
- WXW celebrates by throwing out a month long challenge that, essentially, asks you to take your mind to the poetry gym, everyday for a month.
- Think of it as a puzzle, a game, some silliness, and - with a little luck - some art. We promise your brain will grow 2 sizes if you make the commitment.
Here's how it works:
- We post a prompt-a-day. You take it and run with it. If you feel like posting your work to the closed Facebook group, do it! If you prefer to grab the prompt and keep your work to yourself, that's cool too.
- Prompts can range from random words and pithy quotes to poetic problems to solve.
- How do you join? You join the 30/30 Facebook group. Any current member of the group should be able to give you an invite. Or ask and ye shall receive.
- 30/30 Poetry Challenge on Facebook
- How can I play if I don't do Facebook? You can also find the daily prompts at 3030poetry.com. You can play along at home (ie do the work, but not post), or you can have a friend who does do Facebook post for you.
- Rules? Yes, there are a few. This is not a forum for ranting, hating, demeaning or disparaging. Keep it poetic. Please.
But wait, there's more:
- 30/30 Kick Off gathering. For those in the Western Mass area, we are looking to schedule a optional "kick-off" gathering on April 1. This will be a gathering for those that might enjoy the camaraderie of a group for just a little extra motivation.
- 30/30 Live at the Mount. April 29, 5P at the Mount, in Lenox. This will be an opportunity for those who have faithfully followed the challenge, and who are in the Western Mass area, and who enjoy the adulation of an audience, to share a couple of their favorite poems created during the challenge.